Recruiting / Screening Process
On Call Staffing Solutions is dedicated to attracting top talent to ensure availability of quality candidates for our Clients. On Call recruits candidates using a "think outside of the box" approach. Recruiting efforts are predominantly driven to take advantage of our business tenure with a focus on prior associate reactivations and/or referrals. All activity in this regard is facilitated through our Applicant Tracking System which contains over 10,000 previously placed associates and an additional 100,000 potential candidates.
Beyond previously placed associates, potential candidates and referrals from both, On Call also employs more traditional methods including searching and posting on various internet job boards (Indeed, Monster, Careerbuilder, Dice, ADP and www.oncallemployees.com); varying social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter); consistent participation at industry and networking events; and referrals from local career centers, junior colleges, and universities.
Our screening process, once we have identified a potential candidate, is a multi-part process including:
- Requiring the candidate apply for the job in order to formalize their expression of interest
- A telephone pre-screen to evaluate the candidate’s professionalism, ability to articulate, presentation, personality and technical aptitude
- Upon completing this pre-screen and having confirmed the candidate meets the basic qualifications of the role, we then schedule a formal interview with the candidate
- The formal interview is the most intensive part of our screening and assessment process. Duration of an interview is typically 45-60 minutes depending on the experience level of the candidate. We cover and assess everything from desired salary, greatest strengths and weaknesses, availability, software knowledge, long term goals, communication skills, in-depth conversation about previous job duties, company sizes, responsibilities and reasons for leaving, ability to travel, upcoming vacation time, verifying references provided are supervisory level, and most importantly why and how the candidate’s previous experience positions them as the ideal candidate of the new job opportunity
- For appropriate roles, the candidate is also tested with the Prove It! testing software to assess both their computer knowledge and proficiency and their prior experience (administrative, accounting, technical, etc.).
- Lastly, On Call requires that each candidate provide a minimum of two (supervisory only) professional references (name, telephone number, company, and title). Each reference is contacted as the final component the screening and assessment process
Upon a conditional offer of employment, On Call can facilitate a background search / drug screen (upon Client request). Results are typically returned within 48 hours, unless there are issues wherein it may take 3-5 business days.