A large international company and one of DFW’s premier employers is looking to engage a VMware contractor for a 3 month assignment to help with a VMware SRM project.
Individuals in the vBlock support role are responsible for testing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing the virtual infrastructure in accordance with standards, security policies and guidelines. vBlock Support Engineers typically span VMware products and related infrastructure including: ESXi, vSphere, VMware SRM, Cisco UCS and storage systems. Additional functions and processes include service and product management, performance and capacity management, patching and version management, and Level 3 operations support.
Some individuals in this role support the systems operating environment to meet business requirements. They monitor and optimize the performance of the systems and virtual applications. They are also responsible for the support of the virtual environment. They diagnose system failures and take corrective action in order to ensure continuity of operations.
Members in this role need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals coordinate and work on multiple cross-functional initiatives/work groups and tickets as a team member, sometimes as a team lead or advisor. People in this role will support complex systems that may have system-wide impact and integrates across the organization, along with complex infrastructure solutions.
• Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
• Provides project cost/time estimates.
• Identifies and communicates how IT infrastructure solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-range business goals.
• Supports the prioritization of requirements and helps match resources with requirements.
• Works with analysts, architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs.
• Leads the evaluation of technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
• Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
• Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
**** MUST HAVES ****
- This is a level III role, so needs to be an expert with VMware SRM.
- Must be proficient in VMware SRM (Site recovery manager), CANNOT substitute EMC, must be VMWare.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the VMware SRM components
- Must have VMware SRM experience in most recent role
- Must have experience and knowledge of Cisco UCS (needs to be able to explain how it works)
- Must have experience in Windows environment