A large healthcare organization in San Diego seeks a Patient Access Supervisor! The Supervisor, Patient Access, manages the day-to-day operations & provides technical & administrative leadership of the front-end revenue cycle. These responsibilities include: appointment scheduling, patient registration, front-end cash collection, patient authorization & other duties, as assigned. Reviews work schedules & assigns duties to insure optimal patient flow & production goals. Oversees & evaluates accuracy & quality of technical functions. If applicable, ensures high quality patient flow/care. Adheres to & supports the policies, procedures & standards of care. Ensures compliance with protocols & procedures. Plans & prioritizes work assignments. Supervises various personnel functions including recruitment, schedules, coaching & discipline.
- Supervises team ensuring smooth day-to-day operations. Enforces all department policies. Sets department & staff goals, provides ongoing feedback & performs timely performance reviews. Takes appropriate corrective/disciplinary action when necessary. Recruits & supervises staff to achieve goals & responsibilities & ensures all staff competencies are completed, initially at hire & on an annual basis.
- Facilitates effective & efficient department operations. Responsible for the success of the department as measured by key indicators. Maintains level of technical/clinical/professional knowledge in order to be an effective resource for staff in direction of day-to-day activities & projects.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement Management (QIM) & financial audits. Evaluates & makes recommendations to improve operations. Makes decisions & recommendations which reflect appropriate level of analysis & evaluation of options. Considers organization's values, priorities, policies & related regulatory & legal requirements.
- Accountable for Department Revenue Cycle Management Integrity. Ensures staff is properly trained & following revenue cycle policies & procedures. Utilizes effective interpersonal skills in order to initiate, cultivate & maintain friction-free relationships of a professional nature with other departments, staff, peers, supervisors & administration. ·
- Ensures that team is consistently providing an exceptional experience for patients & families. Ensures staff is properly trained on applying AIDET principles. Responds to patient complaints for the department & de-escalates patient revenue cycle issues.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- H.S. Diploma,GED,or Equivalent (Minimum)
- 2 Years of Experience (Minimum)
- 3 Years of Experience (Preferred)
On Call Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans