A large healthcare organization in San Diego seeks a Patient Access Manager.
The Patient Access Manager is responsible for facilitating effective & efficient workflow operations within their respective department/clinic team.
Responsibilities include the management of various front end Revenue Cycle functions within their respective company’s (hospital & medical practice foundation) department or clinic.
These responsibilities may include: appointment scheduling, registration data collection & accuracy (including correct insurance selection, verification of eligibility & benefits, & prior authorization for visits), & front-end cash collection efforts.
The Patient Access Manager is also responsible for resolving administrative & operational issues within the designated scope of their department or clinic's team effort.
- Bachelor's Degree (Minimum) Experience
- 3 Years of Experience (Preferred)
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- (Minimum) Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- (Minimum) 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting.
- (Preferred)Knowledge of state and federal government funding programs.
- (Preferred) Expertise in Medi-Cal, CCS, and Commercial HMO reimbursement protocols.
- (Minimum) Appropriate work experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Responsible to manage department success related to several key revenue cycle performance indicators & other related balanced scorecard results for company and/or company’s Medical Practice Foundation.
- Makes decisions & recommendations which reflect appropriate level of analysis & evaluation of options. Considers organization's values, priorities & related regulatory & legal requirements. Exercises manager-level judgment & assumes responsibility for decisions & results, as appropriate.
- Manages supervisory, professional & support staff to achieve goals & responsibilities, ensuring competency. Provides atmosphere for innovation & employee empowerment; monitors & develops staff; coordinates orientation & training. Conducts timely performances reviews, sets objective performance standards, provides ongoing feedback; takes appropriate corrective/disciplinary action when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with a variety of internal & external customers. Initiates, cultivates, & maintains friction-free relationships with internal & external customers such as physicians, patients, families, peers, visitors, hospital staff, vendors, & the community. Monitors customer service & responds timely & appropriately.
- Effectively uses techniques & resources to lead change processes supporting proactive adaptation to environmental trends & organizational changes. Advises management of trends, suggests & implements action plans to manage change.
- Thinks strategically & creatively in applying technology to improve processes; advises & recommends improvement opportunities to enhance workflow operations, as appropriate.
- Provides tools, resources & appropriate management & supervision so as to ensure that subordinates & team members are consistently providing an exceptional experience for patients & families. (AIDET)
On Call Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans