A growing San Diego based manufacturing company is seeking a Staff Accountant with a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard and advance within the growing Company. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for processing and recording cash receipts, cash disbursements and will report directly to the President and COO of the Company. The Staff Accountant will also work with the Company’s external accounting firms to ensure that monthly and annual financial statements and tax returns have been prepared properly in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Record bank account activity to the Company’s accounting system.
- Enter vendor bills into accounts payable, pay bills as instructed by management.
- Record credit card activity.
- Invoice customers, monitor accounts receivable and follow up on past due accounts.
- Make recommendations to management on cost saving measures.
- Identity, track, safeguard and depreciate the Company’s fixed assets.
- Make recommendations for improvement of the Company’s cost accounting, inventory tracking and distribution systems.
- Develop cost budgets for manufacturing cost centers and perform job costing analysis to evaluate areas of focus for profitability management.
- Work with external accounting firms to ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for US Government contracts.
- Assist management in providing information to external accounting firms for preparation of financial statements and tax returns.
- Bachelors of Science in accounting is preferred but not required.
- Relevant public or private accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience working as an accountant at a manufacturer is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with government contract accounting requirements such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred but not required.
- QuickBooks experience is required.
On Call Staffing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – /Female/Disability/Veterans