Privately held Mortgage Lender in Orange County, CA, founded in 1986, today is one of the fastest growing mortgage companies in the US and one of the largest mortgage bankers on the West Coast, seeks a DE Underwriter.
- Experience underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA, Jumbo purchase or refinance loans.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of file.
- Clear conditions and render a decision within established credit guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Review, evaluate and synthesize data to ascertain loan viability.
- Identify risk issues and potential fraud.
- Identify, recommend and/or negotiate alternative loan requirements, funding and/or loan-structuring solutions.
- Approve, decline, or suspend/return any loan submission.
- Utilize automated underwriting systems when required by an investor.
- Make sound underwriting decisions for the sale of loans to FNMA/FHLMC, Bank of America and Wells Fargo
- At least 10 years mortgage underwriting experience with 5 years recent experience
- DE or conventional strong
- Proficient in use of DU, LP
- VA LAPP
- Familiarity with Data Trac, LSSI and Doc Magic
- Paperless experience